Family Owned and Operated

Our History

Mihovk-Rosenacker Funeral Homes, a locally owned family business, is a long standing family funeral homes. Mihovk-Rosenacker Funeral Homes is based on a commitment to remain family owned and provide high quality services at affordable prices to the Greater Cincinnati Area.

Today, Mihovk-Rosenacker Funeral Homes operate 2 funeral homes:

White Oak / Monfort Heights - 5527 Cheviot Rd.
This spacious funeral home has ample parking, easy handicap access and is conveniently located just off the Interstate 74 at North Bend Rd. This home founded in 1953 went through an extensive remodeling in 1990 that more than doubled the original size of the funeral home. This funeral home is located and designed to continue serving Cincinnati's West Side Families for many years to come.

Evendale / Blue Ash / Sharonville - 10211 Plainfield Rd.
This state of the art funeral home is located on the grounds of Rest Haven Memorial Park and is easily accessible to all the communities of North eastern Greater Cincinnati. Among its amenities, this home has an onsite floral shop, a formal chapel with pews that seats 140 people and two community rooms for use by families for gatherings following the funeral service.

At Mihovk-Rosenacker Funeral Homes, our purpose is to provide professional, considerate services that merit your trust.Call us at (513) 385-0511 for a free consultation or to schedule an appointment.





Mihovk-Rosenacker Funeral Home was a fourth generation funeral home. Charles H. Dhonau founded the business in the late 1800's as one of the first liverymen to enter the funeral service profession. In 1906, he opened his first funeral home and in a short time the funeral home was serving many of Cincinnati's Northside families. The Dhonau Funeral Home continued to grow under the influence of Charles' son Harry Dhonau. In 1936, Harry Dhonau's son-in-law Frank G. Rosenacker joined the family firm. Several years later in 1949 the establishment became known as Dhonau-Rosenacker Funeral Home.

Frank G. Rosenacker opened a new funeral home in the Monfort Heights - White Oak area in 1953. Both funeral homes were operated until the closing of the Northside facility in 1967. Mr. Rosenacker died in 1973. At that time, Mr. Rosenacker's son Frank B. Rosenacker, assumed the management of the funeral home. In 1976 Robert D. Mihovk, Mr.Rosenacker's son-in-law, also joined the firm. In 1987, the name of the funeral home was changed to Mihovk-Rosenacker to better reflect the present management of the funeral home.